I was 1cm dilated upon arrival, and two hours later I was still 1cm dilated. The nurses monitored Piper and me during that time, and all was well. They sent me home and told me to walk and come back when the contractions were stronger. Everyone, including me, thought I'd be back at the hospital that night. Piper, it seems, had other plans.
While walking at Target (the weather is bad again here), my contractions slowed way down. By the time we got home, they had stopped. This was after being regular for over 12 hours. Frustrating. At least I was able to sleep some last night.
Today my contractions are strong but about 10 minutes apart. I went to the doctor for a regularly scheduled visit this afternoon, and I'm still only 1cm. I'm now scheduled for an induction on Monday the 22nd if Piper doesn't make her appearance by then. The doctor thinks I won't make it until then, but we just have to wait and see!

Praying for you all! Hope she makes her appearance soon!
ReplyDelete--Alison