Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Return of the green poop

As the title suggests, Piper's stomach problems have returned.
Actually, they probably never went away but did improve for a while.
This time the culprit is soy. Just like last time, I will try an
elimation diet to remain breastfeeding. Soy is so prevalent in
processed foods and sauces that I will basically be limited to fresh
foods and those I make myself (all the while still avoiding dairy, of
course). Eating out will be very difficult, too I'm more than a
little overwhelmed with this task, but I'm going to try to do what's
best for Piper for as long as I can. I'm so worried that these
allergies will lead into others and then asthma. Breastfeeding is
Piper's best defense. Josh has been wonderfully supportive thus far.
I'm lucky to have him as my partner through all this.

Despite her body working against her, Piper has managed to gain almost
two more pounds since last month. This is due to her eating every two
hours, something I desperately need her to grow out of. Her doctor
said the new diet will help with this, allowing her to take in and
retain more of what I feed her and aiding in her sleeping better
during naps.

Here goes another try!
Lauren

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment