
For two weeks now, I have been subbing at my old school. It's the perfect setup: I can work as much or as little as I want, and Piper can attend the on-site daycare so I can see her several times throughout the day. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an adjustment for Piper, but that's one of the reasons I'm doing this. She has had such a difficult time realizing that other people love her besides her mommy and daddy. She barely makes it through an hour of church on Sunday (and sometimes doesn't even make it that long). Today was our sixth day at work, and Piper had her best day yet. She still doesn't sleep very well there, but at least she didn't scream the whole day.
The picture above is of Piper and two of the other babies in her "class". The redheaded girl is five days older than Piper, and the boy is Piper's friend Baker. They have really started to interact with each other in the last week!
I'm jealous about your on-site daycare! I'd so be subbing if they had that at my school. That's good she is getting to interact with other kids though. Can I confess that at almost 5 months old I still haven't left Drew in the church nursery? I'm worried more for the people watching him b/c he won't sleep just anywhere with all that chaos going on! I need to bite the bullet I guess:)
ReplyDelete