Monday, January 18, 2010

All we need now is a baby!

Over the long weekend, Josh and I spent most of our time putting the finishing touches on the nursery.

As my family members had babies, I decorated all their nursery letters. I could not wait to finally decorate letters for my own baby's nursery! I have to admit, hanging them all the same height was much more difficult than I ever thought it'd be.


My beautiful bedding and valance was made by a woman from my church. My mom and I picked out the fabric, but she did all the hard work. I am so happy with the way it all turned out!



This is definitely not an exciting picture, but I wanted to show off the super-cute picture frame given to me by some wonderful friends. All it needs is a picture of Piper!


I managed to talk Josh into using our old dresser as Piper's changing table so that we could get a new one for our bedroom. I think it works well in its new role, and our new dresser is beautiful!
Such a cute valance!

This is the view as you come into the room. Josh splurged on me by getting me a very nice nursery rocker/glider and ottoman. Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to snuggling with Piper in that chair, even if those sweet times come in the middle of the night.

Aside from just a few more "necessities," we're just about ready for baby. Well, we're almost "physically" ready for baby. I'm beginning to have some anxiety about becoming a parent and not having a clue about what that entails, but I guess that everyone experiences this at some point. Aside from the anxiousness, I'm feeling pretty well. My feet are at least twice their normal size, but that seems to be the worst I'm experiencing. I'll have a good idea how things are progressing (or not) after my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Let the countdown begin!

2 comments:

  1. When Piper gets here...it will all come to you. As a matter of fact, you will know more of what to do than anyone else! You'll see. I can't wait to see her sweet little face. I will be out of town the evening of the 14th - 17th! I'll have to wait until I get home to find out!!! Or maybe she'll be here earlier. Either way, blessings and much love to you, Josh and your new little addition. Trish (I'm not anonymous...That's the only way I could post. I'm not as savvy as some! Ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Lauren...I am so excited for you! The letters are perfect...and I love her name! Praying for you through these last days and weeks!
    Angie Barnett

    ReplyDelete