Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May pictures

I have been lax about posting during the month of May. We had a busy month!

Grandad came to Nashville to visit and immediately put Piper to sleep. He is a fantastic baby-holder and elicited some of Piper's biggest smiles and deepest conversations to date.

Although her demeanor is becoming more and more positive as her digestive system works out all its kinks, Piper can still be mean when she wants to. She has a pretty fierce mean face!



While at Nana's house for Memorial Day weekend, Piper found her thumb! This picture was taken the first morning I found her like this. She had slept from 9 PM until 8:30 AM! I know some people frown upon thumb-sucking, but it really does make our lives easier. Piper has had the need to suck from the very beginning, but she wasn't very good with keeping up with a pacifier. I'm glad she's accepted the built-in variety :-).


Concentrating very hard


Our most recent family portrait


Uncle Brenden, Aunt Sarah Beth, and cousin Ian


Uncle Corey, Aunt Tisha, and cousin Lyndie


Wiggily great-grandchildren with Grandad (my mom's father)


Classic


The lake water was too cold for Piper this weekend, so we filled a blow-up pool with lake water and let it warm in the sun. She liked it about as much as she likes her bath, but our splash-fests were cut short due to poop in the pool. Hopefully she'll grow into her swim diapers quickly so we don't have these accidents anymore.


Daddy obviously wasn't doing something right :-).


She wasn't too keen on the life jacket, but a ride on the boat (and in Nana's lap) made everything ok.


On Monday morning, Piper and I met Valerie, Amanda, and Brodyn for coffee. Valerie, Amanda, and I are good friends from high school, and Brodyn is Amanda's little boy. He was sure giving Piper the once-over!

Ian and I spent some quality time in the lake while Piper napped.

We had a wonderful weekend back home and can't wait to do it all again for Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment