Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sixteen months

I'm a little behind on this post--better late than never. We are having a blast this summer and are staying busy hosting friends and family, playing with friends who are out of school (mostly my friends), and crashing friends' pools. Piper has recently discovered that we can play music on our phones and computers, and she demands that we do so every time she spies one of the devices. She really enjoys carrying my phone around while it is in iPod mode. I don't mind too much--at least I can always hear her! Although yesterday she put my phone in a kitchen drawer--oops. She's learning the concepts of hot and cold and even says "hot" when her food is hot or if she sees a picture of a fire in a book. Speaking of books, we don't read stories much anymore because Piper is so interested in what everything in the book is named. She points to something, I tell her what it is, and then she repeats jibberish back to me. It's really cute. My favorite is when she asks what a bicycle is, I tell her, and then she waves bye-bye to the picture. Thanks to cousin Lyndie, Piper now waves bye to everything--people, toys, rooms we leave, Daddy before he leaves for work in the morning (and sometimes before he's even close to leaving), milk when it gets put in the refrigerator, and on and on. She continues to be a good eater but isn't making much progress with a spoon or fork.

I never thought I'd say this, and I realize I might be in a bit of a honeymoon period before the terrible twos hit, but Piper is an easy child. Don't get me wrong, she has her definite opinions, but generally she's very agreeable. And we love laughing at/with her more and more each day!


Piper has always loved playing peek-a-boo, but recently she has taken it to a whole new level. Instead of simply covering her face to hide, she actually goes and hides! And she doesn't make any noise while she's hiding! I am so afraid that I'm going to lose her somewhere!

Case in point--today she decided to hide inside one of the kitchen cabinets. It was so funny to watch her scoot herself in, close the door, and then pull in her feet one by one and lastly her hand. I thought she'd be scared of the dark, but she wasn't!


Peek-a-Boo!


1 comment:

  1. Okay so she looks SO much like you Lauren! And congrats on the pregnancy news (I'm a bit late!)

    ReplyDelete