Saturday, March 17, 2012

What I want to remember: Graham at three months old


My baby is three months old!  

This sweet boy loves to talk and smile to his sister and his momma.  He can still be fussy at times, but he is so so so happy when he's not screaming.  Besides mommy's milk, Graham loves a good conversation more than anything in the world.

Because he still doesn't nap well, I had to force a three-hour feeding schedule on him.  In the previous routine we were following, I was feeding Graham each time he woke up from a nap.  This meant he was nursing every two hours.  He wasn't hungry enough to take a full feeding, so then when he napped again, he would wake early out of hunger.  Under the old routine, he was cat-napping up to five times a day and extremely cranky by bedtime.  Some nights he would want to go to bed at 6:00.  By forcing him to wait until it's been three hours since he ate last, I can now be assured that he takes a full feeding.  And sometimes now he actually sleeps longer than an hour!

Basking in the sunlight while Big Sister plays at the park
Bedtime is between 7:00 and 8:00.  First morning feeding is at 7:00 or 7:30.

Graham is NOT sleeping through the night--not anywhere close.  A typical night looks like this: wake at 11:00, 2:30, 5:00, up for the day at 7:00.  If I'm lucky, he'll only get up twice at night instead of three times.  But still, I am one tired momma.

Sisterly Love
First time in the exersaucer
He takes a pacifier when he's tired and only sometimes when he's mad.  I think he will eventually suck his thumb, but he hasn't figured out that he can do that yet.

Unlike Piper, he will accept formula.  I have a stash of frozen breast milk that I'm constantly adding to, but formula is nice to have in a pinch.

Dressed like a little man for church
Things are still a little rough around here, but I have hope that they will straighten out soon.  Thankfully, Graham's sweet smile and his laugh make up for all the difficult moments.



 www.herringfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment