Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Never have I cared so much about poop.

Today Graham and I returned to the pediatric gastroenterologist for another checkup.  The doctor  was pleased with the improvement in Graham's naps (length) and his nighttime sleep (only waking to eat once in 11 hours).  He was satisfied with my description of Graham's improved demeanor.  He was glad that Graham is no longer dropping percentiles in weight.  But he was most happy about the dirty diaper that I brought for him to evaluate.  It was blood and mucous-free which means that we are doing something right!

I have permission to begin adding foods back into my diet, two weeks at a time.  I'm going to start with wheat, then eggs, and then fish.  Hopefully Graham's digestive tract is finally healed, and he won't react to anything.  Unless he has a major reaction, we do not have to return to the gastroenterologist until September.

AND...the doctor sent me home with four cans of formula.  That's like handing me $200!  I obviously won't be giving Graham formula full-time, but it's nice to have it when I can't be with him and to mix in his baby cereal.

If breast milk is "liquid gold," then this formula is gold dust!



 www.herringfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment