We started celebrating early on the 4th (well
I started celebrating early) by running the Firecracker 5K. The race started at 7:00 am, but it was already 85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I don't ever get to run in full sun, so I was underprepared for how hot I would get. Unfortunately, this was my worst race time yet, but I'm still proud of myself for getting out there and trying it!
 |
| Ashley and I, post race |
We bummed around the house all day and went to Piper's friend Mikey's house that evening for a cookout. We had a great time getting to know his family better. Piper, Mikey, and his cousin Claire played hard, and Graham was just content to hang out with me on the couch (as long as there was something to chew on). Everyone remarked on how well-behaved he was. If they only knew!
 |
| The best picture I could get of the two of them all night |
 |
| All decked out in garb Mikey's mom provided |
 |
| The three stooges |

www.herringfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment