I can finally say without hesitation that this has been a wonderful month. I feel like we are finally able to enjoy life with Graham instead of simply surviving. This change is due to several factors: 1) Tummy troubles are a thing of the past (as long as I stick to my diet, which I have). 2) Graham can find his own pacifier and replace it all by himself. It's as if we have a whole new baby.
Two little teeth popped through this month!
Eating
Graham still nurses 5-7 times every 24 hours. He LOVES eating pureed food--fruit and cereal in the morning and two veggies along with fruit and cereal in the early evenings. He has responded well to all the foods he has had so far (squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, rice, oatmeal, bananas, avocado, apples, pears, and plums). Aside from the grains, I have made all of his food (but I have to take store-bought with me when we travel as the homemade food is frozen). As for my diet, I have been able to reintroduce wheat and eggs with no consequences. Praise the Lord! Next up will be fish and shellfish. I gave Graham a few small solid bites of banana today to see if he could handle the texture. He didn't vomit it up like Piper did on her first try, but he wasn't a fan.
Sleeping
Unless we're traveling, Graham is now up only once a night to nurse. This is amazing! Sometimes he's up as early as 2:00 am, but usually he doesn't wake until 4:00 or 5:00. He actually slept through until 6:15 once, but he hasn't repeated this. BUT...Momma is finally getting some sleep!!! Naps are still hit or miss. Sometimes they are 30 minutes, and sometimes they are two hours long. I haven't been able to figure out why these times are not consistent. In the past two weeks, Graham has gotten really good at putting himself to sleep for naps when I lay him down drowsy but awake. He usually gets himself to sleep with little or no crying. Being able to find and replace his pacifier has really helped with his sleeping. There may or may not be about five pacis scattered around his bed at any given time.
Playing
Graham is such a busy body! He has perfected sitting and playing but is now on the move. He likes to shake toys that make noise and bang his hands and toys to make noise with toys that don't rattle on their own. He is also into "working" his toys and is very gentle with tags. He loves the water and enjoys splashing around. As always, Piper is his favorite playmate. Pretty soon he'll be following her around on all fours!
Getting measured
Splashing in the little pool at the lake
On our last trip to the lake, Graham floated like this for 30 minutes at a time--flat on his back, no one touching him. He was so peaceful!
The other day I left Graham on his playmate on top of the purple hippo. I left the room to tend to something in the kitchen and returned to find him way off the mat and into one of Piper's toys.
Will he like balls as much as Piper does?
I caught him trying to eat this one. I don't think it tasted very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment